Eligibility to be a mutual fund distributor

Can I sell mutual fund to people after AMFI pass being a salaried person of insurance company?

Oct 30, 2015 by Nayan Mondal, Santiniketan  |   Financial Advisory

You can be a financial advisor by obtaining a valid certification from the National Institute of Securities Market(NISM) by passing their certification examination 'NISM Series V-A : Mutual Fund Distributors Certification Examination'. You can get the study materials by going to the NISM website (http://www.nism.ac.in/). Upon passing the exam, AMFI will issue you an ARN number, which will make you eligible to sell mutual fund products. Once you receive your ARN from AMFI, you will have to get empanelled with the Asset Management Companies, whose products you would like to advise / sell. You can know about the empanelment process, including documentation requirements, for different Asset Management Companies by going to their websites. Many insurance agents sell mutual fund products after getting an ARN from AMFI. However, if you are employed with an insurance company, you should check with your employer if your employer will allow you to sell mutual fund products.

You haven't found the answer for your queries? Do post your queries to us.
HSBC MF Asset Allocation 300x250
Axis MF Shuruaat SIP Se 300X600