What is Dividend Yield
Dividend Yield is a financial ratio that indicates how much shareholders are paid in the form of dividends every year, relative to the share price. It helps you measure the cash-flow for every rupee invested in dividend paying stocks. It is expressed in terms of a percentage, and calculated by dividing the amount of dividend by the share price. For example; AB Auto is trading at Rs.200 per share, paying an annual dividend of Rs.10 per share. Thus, annual dividend (Rs.10) / Share Price (Rs.200) = 0.05 x 100 = 5% is the dividend yield of the company
To understand Dividend Yield better, please see the video below –
ICICI Prudential AMC launches NFO of ICICI Prudential Dividend Yield Equity Fund
ICICI Prudential Dividend Yield Equity Fund is an Open ended Equity scheme that aims to invest in profitable companies with attractive dividend yields# and can be a good investment option in every market condition.
#Attractive Dividend yield means Dividend Yield greater than Dividend Yield of CNX Nifty Index.
The fund aims to:
- Invest at least 80% of assets in companies that have dividend yield greater than the dividend yield of CNX Nifty Index (last released /published by NSE), at the time of investment.
- Identify high dividend stocks within the framework of valuations and fundamentals.
- Invest in high-quality companies with proven records of paying and growing dividends.
- Invest across market caps
This product is suitable for investors who are seeking*:
- Long term wealth creation solution
- An open ended equity fund that aims for growth by primarily investing in equity and equity related instruments, which offer attractive dividend yield.
- High Risk.(BROWN)
*Investors should consult their financial advisers if in doubt about whether the product is suitable for them.
PRESENTATION OF ICICI Prudential Dividend Yield
NFO Period: 25th April 2014 to 9th May 2014