1. Advisorkhoj
  2. Post Your Queries
  3. Retirement Planning
  4. Will you please suggest where I should invest my retirement money to get handsome returns

Will you please suggest where I should invest my retirement money to get handsome returns

I plan to retire shortly within 3 months and expect that I would be getting around 40 lacs as retirement proceeds. Will you please be kind enough to suggest where these funds should be invested to get handsome returns and safety of the funds. Please mention the name of the funds/scheme along with amount to be invested. Presently I am just 52 years old and can't invest in senior citizen saving scheme of post office due to age constraint. Kindly suggest?

Aug 23, 2016 by Sat Paul, Sirsa  |   Retirement Planning

Before you decide where you need to invest your retirement corpus to get handsome returns with safety, you should figure out two things – 1) What is your risk profile? To know this you can use this tool https://www.advisorkhoj.com/tools... and 2) How much money you need every month to meet your monthly expenses.

We would also request you to read the following in order to understand your query better –

https://www.advisorkhoj.com/articles... (though this is meant for senior citizens, we have discussed some schemes in which anyone can invest to get regular returns etc.




From the above you must have figured out the options available for you for investing your retirement money. In summary, please note the following :-

1. Invest in debt funds and use SWP method to withdraw a fixed amount every month. For example – if you are investing 10 Lakhs then you should not withdraw more than Rs. 7,500 per month. This is based on our assumption of 9% return from debt funds https://www.advisorkhoj.com/mutual-funds-research...

2. You can opt for the same method (SWP) from balanced funds also. Please note that balanced funds are riskier and suggested for investment only if you are ready to take moderate to high risk. Here you can withdraw a bit more monthly considering that balanced funds may generate higher return in the long run

3. if you do not want to use the SWP method then you can go for dividend plans of Balanced fund by checking the long term performance and dividend paying track record of the fund https://www.advisorkhoj.com/mutual-funds-research...

4. The other option is to invest in Mutual Fund Monthly Income Plans (MIPs) and opt for monthly or quarterly dividends or monthly SWP.

Please go through the above and check which are the options best suiting to you and accordingly, avail the services of a financial advisor in your location and take his help in executing the transactions.

comments powered by Disqus
You haven't found the answer for your queries? Do post your queries to us.

© 2016 Advisorkhoj - A Gamechanger Business Services (I) Pvt. Ltd. Brand - All Rights Reserved