Health insurance is very well established in most of the developed countries, but in India it is still in nascent stage. As per the last National Sample Survey (NSS), more than 80% of India’s population is not covered under any health insurance scheme. The survey reveals that despite seven years of the Centre Government run Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY), only 12 per cent of the urban and 13 per cent of the rural population has access to insurance cover and most of it covers only the government employees. At any given point of time, 40 to 50 million people are on medication for major sickness and share of public financing in total health carein India is just about 1% of its GDP.
According to a report by the Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDA), only 17% of Indians have a health insurance cover. Even in urban areas, more than 82% of patients don’t have any health insurance cover for them.
With increase in health care costs and due to increase in new diseases and health risks, the health care cost has been increasing at around 15% annually. In fact, health care inflation is almost double than the general inflation in India.
The biggest hurdle in seeking medical treatment is two – financial constraint and lack of awareness about health insurance services and products. A major critical illness can wipe out your entire savings in absence of adequate health cover. Health insurance has emerged as one of the financing options to overcome these problems. Health insurance refers to a wide variety of policies. These range from policies that cover the cost of doctors and hospitals to those that meet a specific need, such as paying for long term care etc.
In the above scenario, exploring health insurance services and products with ease becomes a necessity for the common masses of India.
Aditya Birla Health is one Health Insurance company which is trying to address this issue by offering customized product and services that are easy to avail and affordable. They have two individual health insurance solutions – Active Health Enhanced and Active Health Essential. Both the plans offer the following salient features –
- Day 1 cover for chronic diseases like, Diabetes, Hypertension, High Cholesterol and Asthma.
- Choice of hospital room category
- Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services to keep you safe while on travel
- Range of optional covers to choose from to broaden your benefits
- High sum assured – Sum assured of upto 10 Lakhs available under Active Health Essential. While a sum assured of as high as 2 Crores can be availed under Active Health Enhanced.
- Rewards for staying fit and healthy in form of Health ReturnsTM
Apart from individual plans, the company also offers Group Health Insurance solutions – Group Active Health and Group Active Secure – the company offers simple documentation, quick underwriting and issuance of policy. Cashless claim settlement and Group personal Accident Benefit cover.
The 11 Key benefits of the plans
- All costs incurred will be covered up to 30 days prior to hospitalization if the claim is accepted by the company
- Similarly, the expenses like, medicine, physiotherapy or diagnostics cost will be covered up to 60 days post discharge from hospital.
- Certain diseases may not require hospitalization and day care is enough, such cover is also available.
- Domiciliary hospitalisation cover is also available in case you are getting treated at home as hospital room is not available or you cannot be transferred to a hospital
- A unique facility is E-opinion. In case of major critical illness the company arranges a second opinion in form of e-opinion through a network of qualifies international specialists.
- Mother and kids are also covered (after a waiting period of 2 years). On acceptance of maternity claim, an amount of Rs 75,000 in case normal delivery and Rs 100,000 in case of C-Section delivery is available. Also included is the vaccination for the new born up to age of 2 years.
- Hospital Cash benefit – You can choose Rs 500 to 5,000, in form of per day allowance, based on your needs. The benefit shall be payable for a maximum limit of 30 days in a policy year and 10 days for each claim.
- A free health check-up is provided to adults each year based on the life stage they are in
- You can choose from Rs 1,000 to Rs 20,000 to cover OPD (out-patient) expenses. In case you do not avail the amount, a bonus of 5% will be added.
- The sum assured is increased by 10% each year in case of no claim. Therefore, with each no claim year your sum assured increases.
- The health policy even rewards you if you remain healthy and fit. These rewards are accumulated in form of Health ReturnsTM and can be used for simple things like getting medicine or for a surgery even if it is not covered due to the waiting period. You may also use these rewards for paying your premium form the 1st renewal of the policy.
Over and above the benefits that the health insurance plans offer, the company services you through a wide country wide network of Doctors, Pharmacies, Diagnostic Centres and Hospitals.
In a one of its kind initiative, you can now even store and access your medical reports online. All this is integrated into one single place which can be accessed through their App by login through your USER ID and Password. Furthermore, in case you have any medical queries, their team of specialist doctors are always online to answer your queries.
To address the pressing needs of Health Insurance in India, Aditya Birla Health is trying to bridge the gap in the Health Insurance Industry in India. While keeping customer’s health and well-being at the centre of everything the company is using smart technology and integrating the needs and solution at one place.
If you want a healthier lifestyle and a comprehensive health cover, Aditya Birla Health could be your one stop solution for all your health insurance needs in India.