1. Advisorkhoj
  2. Post Your Queries
  3. Mutual Fund
  4. How to change the name in Mutual Funds post your marriage

How to change the name in Mutual Funds post your marriage

In the early years we invested in MF say in 1994 to 97 & also in UTI MF. Now my sister got married & we still have investment in her old name i.e before marriage name, she have PAN with new name. Now we like to add bank details because at the time of investment no bank details given. Even we have investment in UTI MF without bank details, then what form to fill up?

Jun 1, 2015 by Himanshu Shah, Surat  |   Mutual Fund

Nothing to worry. Following document would require along with a letter addressed to THE MANAGER, UTI Mutual Fund for your sister –

  • Attested copy of the marriage certificate

  • PAN Card copy – Self attested

  • An Address Proof – Passport or latest Bank Statement or Aadhar card copy etc. – self attested

  • A cancelled cheque (original)

  • One coloured Passport size photograph

Please visit the nearest UTI Mutual Fund office alongwith the letter and the above documents to do the needful. UTI officials would also do a KYC for your sister. For doing KYC, she has to fill up the KYC form and attach the address and ID proof and paste her passport size photograph at the designated space.

Please also carry the original UTI Certificate or Statement as this will have the Folio/ Account number and Scheme name.

In your case, you will have to fill up the bank change/ new bank incorporation form (available with UTI Mutual Fund) and submit with a Cancelled cheque. If your investment is also old, then you will also have to do the KYC formalities. In case you already have a Mutual Fund KYC and invested in funds other than UTI, then submit a copy of the KYC.

comments powered by Disqus
You haven't found the answer for your queries? Do post your queries to us.

© 2016 Advisorkhoj - A Gamechanger Business Services (I) Pvt. Ltd. Brand - All Rights Reserved